See the RIGA XL in the
Bruce Willis film
Click Here To View The Trailer
>>watch for the RIGA XL about halfway through!<<
RIGA XL Size:
14'2" w x 19'10" long x 10' high;
283 sq. ft.
RETAIL STARTING AT: $8.950
RIGA Optional Accessories - Click Here
View Wholesale Pricing Information
Why buy a RIGA and not another brand?
Why Buy Riga Extra Large?
- The RIGA is truly a greenhouse by the European definition
of a greenhouse - designed to be used to grow fresh
vegetables, herbs and flowers in the middle of winter.
While other so called “greenhouses” using
less than 8 mm twin-wall polycarbonate, are considered
to be Season Extenders, to be used when only a slight
night frost might be expected during the spring or fall
season. At best they can only be used to house established
plants during the winter season. The RIGA Extra Large
– 16 mm polycarbonate - is the largest commercial
quality hobby-kit type greenhouse now available in the
- Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Germany
by Hoklartherm, a leading manufacturer of commercial
and hobby greenhouses, sunrooms, pavillions, pool covers,
home additions, and commercial building, with 28 years
- For shelving options, see our other RIGA products.
- The insulation factor is an incredible: R-2.0
- With a combination of strong materials and durable
hardware, the Riga is by far the strongest greenhouse
of its size under $10,000.
- The Riga XL offers 4 large roof windows - each with
an automatic opener.
- The Riga XL comes with 4 "L-shaped" anchor
bars (which attach to the inside of the base profiles)
to attach the greenhouse to a concrete or wood frame.
- The polycarbonate glazing on the Riga is German made
and believed to be of superior quality then the much
more common Polygal or GE glazing.
- One major advantage of the Riga's construction method
is that the frame profiles are permanently attached
to each other, and won't come loose over time due to
- German engineering - guaranteed top quality!
- The Riga comes with an optional two layer shelving
system with removable shelf inserts. This allows for
tall plants (beans, tomatoes etc.).
- Optional shelving: suspended shelving without braces
underneath – therefore allowing for more storage
space ( i.e. for a cart, wheelbarrow or long tools).
Currently only shelving up to 17’ (RIGA V) is
available for the RIGA XL. See other RIGA sizes for
shelving details and pricing.
- Optional top shelf hangs forward – easier to
reach, but also does not block outside light from reaching
- Both shelves use twin-wall polycarbonate as the insert
(the flat part) material, allowing for much better and
more even light distribution through the greenhouses.
Most other types of shelving are dark structures which
do not let light through – or very badly at best.
- The RIGA is attractive and beautiful to look at –
fits well in to an upscale garden setting
- Buying a greenhouse is like buying a car, they vary
in cost from cheap to very expensive, the RIGA is a
class similar to a BMW/Mercedes – stronger, more
durable and better insulated, and offers many more features
than the better selling brands.
- The RIGA XL offers the maximum possible insulation
currently available in a real greenhouse requiring the
least amount of energy for its size: ~20,000 BTU (depends
on your climate).
- Comes with DVD and written Assembly Instructions
- Made in Germany
- Extremely heavy duty construction
- First-class insulation: R-2.0
- Warranty: Triple Wall Polycarbonate: 10 years –
prorated after 5 years.
- Two wide doors - Horse Barn style - 38" wide
x 72" high - 1 in the front one in the back
- 16 mm UV coated TRIPLE-wall Polycarbonate Glazing
- 10 MM twin wall polycarbonate in front & back
walls for extra strength
- Interior area 10’ wide x 20’ long has
a minimum of 6 feet to 10 feet in ceiling height.
- Assembly time: 2 to 3 people: 2 days.
- Foundation Frame/Base available: 5" h x 3" wide. This "C-shaped" Base sits in the ground and is the factory's preferred anchoring system. Simply dig a trench 6" (throw the dirt to the outside) place the Foundation Frame build the greenhouse and than backfill the trench and the Foundation Frame with the removed dirt. Stamp it down and no winds (except tornedos or hurricanes) will remove the unit. This is an easier option than building your own frame.
- Top shelving: Suspended shelving with polycarbonate
inserts (for more light): 14” deep. Maximum available
length: up to 17 feet (see other RIGA sizes for shelving
- Regular height shelving: Suspended shelving with out
braces, allows for larger equipment to be stored underneath,
25” deep .Maximum available length: up to 17 feet
(see other RIGA sizes for shelving options)
- Two options: twin-wall polycarbonate inserts (flat),
or heavy duty seed trays – to make starting seeds
and transplanting easier.
- Adjustable Metal Hooks: Set of 5 metal hooks. These
are great for hanging lights, fans and flower baskets
- Plastic hanger: Set of 10 hangers: These snap into
the groves in the aluminum profiles (frame) and are
used to attach twine/rope to, to support growth of tall
plants (I.e. Tomatoes or beans etc.)
Do you prefer organic vegetables, fresh cut flowers, and tomatoes in middle of the winter? How about color in your backyard — year round? It is all possible with a RIGA greenhouse.
The best possible value in its class.
Click image to see larger version.